Thursday, June 21, 2012

Polka Dots and Prints






Top: Express (old); Skirt: H&M for $24.95; Jacket: Express (old); Belt: from an Express dress; Heels: Steve Madden (old); Purse: H&M for $24.95; Sunnies: purchased at TJ Maxx for $7.99; Earrings: Target for $4.99

So my car decided to be AWESOME and have a flat tire. Apparently running over screws in your parking lot results in deflation. After DIY attempts with said-tire, I decided that like with most things that malfunction in my life, it was best to seek the assistance of a professional. Of course I did not realize my handiwork was defunct until after I'd already gotten ready to attend my teaching workshop for the day. The result above is what colleagues would have seen had I not thought that I was a master grease monkey the night before. At least I was able to snap a couple of pics before slipping back into shorts and a tee.


The night before I went to show my support for OKC (and DC native Kevin Durant) with my friend Andrea at a local bar. Here, we do the ever-classy pose of "fish face."


I had a love affair with Andrea's earrings until I realize that, as with men, that love was unrequited and they chose to stay with Andrea (who gets "all da menz" anyway :-P)


How I used my "brain" for this outfit: 
I love OKC's colors because they are opposites on the color wheel and shows a definitive contrast, which is pleasing to the eye. A warm color (such as my orange) is paired with a cool color (my blue) and communicates balance. It also communicates anti-LeBron. :-)



Dress: Pink Crayon, purchased at TJ Maxx for $20; Wedge Sandals: Express (on sale for $13.99!!!); Purse: Deux Lux purchased at Marshall's for $40; Sunnies: Franco Sarto, purchased at TJ Maxx for $10

Now, because I'm not a huge OKC fan nor a crazed face-painting man who shouts obscenities for every play of the game, I tried to think of a way to communicate my team preference in a subdued manner. Hence the blue with orange polka dots dress. Throw in a blue bag, heels, and sunglasses that I didn't even realize were the same color (don't you love when that happens?) and you get that you shouldn't ask me what I think of the Heat's #6. 

Hope everyone's enjoying the Playoffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment