Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mad for Plaid

Epic Clothing Haul!








Today is Father's Day and I spent mine with my fam, minus my brother who kept running up and down the stairs trying to avoid contact with anyone with the same last name. I knew I'd be spending most of my evening navigating the various grill selections my mother had spent the morning preparing: ribs, burgers, chicken... Also knowing that she was making her (as yet to be awarded) famous potato salad I opted for an ensemble that was both cute but casual. Once I realized I'd have to WALK to my nearest auto store to get the repair stuff needed to fix my Beau (that is, my navy sedan), I swapped my espadrille wedges for gold Coach sneaks. The plaid camp shirt makes me think of all things summer, including Dippin' Dots on the boardwalk of Bethany Beach. The shorts were a way to anchor the brightness of the shirt, since neutrals balance an outfit. Accessories were kept simple, just a pair of flower-shaped earrings in a sunny gold tone. 

Now all I need is a sweet tea and some stories about the old days...



In the foyer of my parents' house





Riding around with my mama















HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS WHO TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILIES, AND TO ALL THE WOMEN WHO STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF BOTH ROLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment