Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Half of the Week: In Pictures

Happy mid-week, everyone! I hope you've been able to keep your head above water and your bodies cool as we try to get over this hump!


After having just the memory of a social life it was nice to spend most of the weekend out of the house. To celebrate the best decade of music, my friends had a 90's R&B party where Tupac, Biggie, and Mary J. Blige were on heavy rotation. I secretly hoped for a rebellious sampling of Smashing Pumpkins or Soundgarden, or at least some Nirvana. That's okay. That's what Pandora is for.

At the party I got to discreetly (meaning, shove my foot in everyone's faces) display my latest shoe purchase. Surprisingly it came from H&M, a coolly color-blocked chunky platform sandal. It almost reads as a neutral and pop-of-color all in one, for an equally cool $34.95. As I raise my hand in scout's honor fashion I must confess that the heels are a half size too large. I've attempted to remedy this by sticking a Dr. Scholl's style cushion in the sole of the shoe. All this has accomplished is the appearance of a detachable tumor under the ball of my foot. But alas, the tags have been removed and I am still committed to turn it into a Cinderella stepsister deal and will MAKE it fit.



 


As for the rest of the week, there was a mix of a day out for lunch, a day out for dinner, a visit to my parents', and a quick check-up with my doctor. And the always comical UPS man (who is a dead ringer for a retirement-age Joker) brought me my beautiful Amrita Singh bag that I purchased for $39, originally $250, on Hautelook. 


My new Amrita Singh

Outside of my parents' house
with another Coach purchase!


Guilty pleasure purchase, $95, down from $330


Sunday Lunch






90's Party Gear


Let's get through the rest of this week, loves! Enjoy yourselves!

xxoo,
Kristen








No comments:

Post a Comment