Saturday, June 16, 2012

WATERCOLOR


 Outside of the party




When I was 19 I fell in love with the diluted world of Claude Monet. His seemingly haphazard brush strokes created beautiful images of nature on previously blank canvases. That's what I love about this dress. The mix of purples, dark pinks, greys, and even the faintest tint of green are a soft cascade of color across an on-trend hi-lo hemline. The shoes were a last minute addition. Originally opting for nude strappies, I took a chance and slid on these Enzo Angiolini pumps I recently scored at the Nordstrom Half-Yearly. My favorite sales girl dropped her mouth into a surprised "O" when she saw me ask for the mate from the sales rack. Someone had JUST returned them, they were the only pair, and, at $44.90, they were 50% off of the original price. Throw in my Forever 21 clutch from four years ago ($9 price tag) and it was the ideal balance of shine and chic.

Dress: Necessary Objects at Marshall's for $24.99 (similar feel here and here)
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini 'Mistle' pump at Nordstrom Half-Yearly for $44.90
Clutch: Forever 21, old, for $8.90 (similar here and here; and Jimmy Choo here)


Before the party



After the party






Cinderella's slippers (Prince Charming sold separately)








No comments:

Post a Comment