Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pink Polka Dots and Canary Yellow Cardigan

Cardigan: Old Navy (sale for $4.99); Polka Dot Blouse: TJ Maxx ($12.99); Black flared skirt: H&M ($17.95); Fuchsia pumps: H&M ($24.95)


This is a really quick post about the outfit I wore to work yesterday since I got a load of compliments on it. It's actually been hanging in my closet as a "potential" outfit for over a week now. We had a spurt of warm weather in DC and then were smacked with a straight week of rain and under 70 temps. Not exactly bare legs weather.

At the first chance I put on this outfit. I've been eager to wear this blouse again, as it has one of my favorite features -- a self-bow neckline. The top is super sheer and sleeveless, and since I'm a teacher, I put a tank underneath and a cardigan over top. I like the contrast of the yellow against the black and fuchsia pink. It really pops, especially atop a black flared skirt. I finished things off with a pair of fuchsia platform pumps that are in desperate need of some sort of "foot slipping forward" prevention pad.

Sorry for the wavy mirror. I left my flat mirror at my previous place. It looks great in the living room but isn't the best for outfit selfies :-) I am seeking a replacement! Hopefully one that doesn't resemble a fun house warped reflection of myself.

Happy Saturday, sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment