Monday, May 6, 2013

A Couple Shades of Grey

Black tank: Forever 21 $2.50; Grey with black lace vest: Forever 21 (old); Grey stretch corduroys: Old Navy Rockstar Jeans on sale for $8.99; Nude studded pumps: Steve Madden from TJ Maxx $49.99


This past weekend was very ho-hum. I mainly ran errands and worked on sprucing up my bedroom in my new apartment with my friend/roomie/sorority sister Erin. I was needing a day of "dressing up" after two days of being in a tank and leggings, so even though my day consisted of popping into Target and returning a foldable table to my mom, I put a little effort into my ensemble. For some reason, just putting on a pair of fancy pumps is enough to lift my mood to a noticeably better level. You feel taller, walk a little straighter, and carry yourself with a little more confidence. And those heels are no joke. Though probably a half size too small, I could not resist their Valentino feel (at 10% of the original's price), and thus I forked over the cash to call them mine. It was a little breezy in DC that day so I threw on the vest for an additional layer of warmth and comfort. The microcords are easy to move around in, a necessary characteristic for a day of carrying tables and moving furniture.

1 comment:

  1. hate that I can't find deals at TJ lately! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete